Saturday, April 19, 2008

Eventful Friday!

Today I have photos that are just snapshots from my day yesterday.

Every morning Makenna asks me for a hot chocolate. I think she likes it more because its something I allow her to make herself. If permitted, she'd be baking goodies all day - she loves to be in the kitchen helping me. She has started making a cocoa for Marleigh now too only she puts half the cocoa mix into one of those little tupperware cups (not a mug) and the other half goes into her cocoa mug (win/win situation in her eyes). This morning, the girls shared one mug and when it was done, they dumped Marleigh's tupperware cup into the mug and enjoyed double.
Someone asked me once how I get my kids to share cups (even the boys will share with Marleigh the backwash queen - maybe they dont realize she does that). Its just always been the way in our house and there are times when not everyone can have their own drink and sharing is required. I must have that situation a lot and my kids have learned its just the way it is.


I had two of Branden's friend's here all day (they spent the night and are still here this morning) and I was getting a kick out of listening to their conversations! At lunch time, they were all sitting here eating their grilled cheese sandwiches and one of them (such a funny kid) tells Branden that he (Bran) eats and eats but never gets fat. The friend turns to me and says "have you ever thought that maybe Branden has a tapeworm". Branden turns his head quickly to look at me with huge eyes and total disgust waiting to see my response.......Cameron blurts out "what's a tapeworm" just as digusted and Makenna sat there wide-eyed waiting to hear what I will say next. I smiled and told him no, his dad was thin like that too and Im not worried about him having a tapeworm. Friend went right back to having his lunch and the conversation went on about tapeworms. He had the kids in stitches - look at Cameron's face in this pic - he's hysterical. I had to leave the room to laugh.

The excitement continued when Branden stepped on a stick while running through the woods and the stick poked through his sneakers and into his foot! I called the doc to ask if his tetanus shot was up to date - they told me I should bring him in! His friends asked if they could go for moral support and I agreed it would be fine. Jean met me at the docs and when the shots were done, he took the boys and headed home and I took the girls to get a few things at Walmart.


While we were at Walmart, Makenna asked for a pair of shoes like mine....the kind that make that clicking noise :) Flip flops! We found her a pair for $4 and she was DELIGHTED! She put them on in the car and when we got home, she headed right for the backyard where she squealed with happiness "Look mom, they click like yours" as she paraded around. Its a great feeling to be going on 40 and be the one your daughter thinks is cool! Im listening to her tap, tap around in them this morning - she just asked me if it would be warm like yesterday and if we could go for a walk so she could hear them click! :)

Im off to take care of my grandmother's hair and pick up a few things for tomorrow!

I hope you have a great Saturday!!!!!!!!!!

~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter