Friday, May 23, 2008

What a great day!!

I had a super day yesterday!

I started my day with an oil change at The Garage (that's the name of it and its so catchy but when people ask me where I go and I respond with "The Garage", they ask me "which one"...so I feel like I'm in one of those comedy skits like Whose on First). I met a really nice lady there to chat with who was having some car trouble on the pike so she drove right over to have it checked before the long weekend. They are really nice there, they will take you right in for an oil change if they are not in the middle of a big project. The waiting room could use a dusting (I know, its a garage). The lady had a black lab so we talked about dogs. I told her how much my kids wanted one but my response was for them to wait until they have their own house and they could have as many as they wanted. She snickered and said ...."Yeah, we said that too = its our son's dog and he's been with use for three years!" I laughed. I'm glad I took the opportunity to chat with her instead of sitting in silence and reading my book - it made the time go by faster.


Next on my agenda was a pedicure with Kendra (who has six kids - wink wink Kendra). She was kind enough to sit through my manicure after so that I could have matching fingers and toes - and then still wanted to sit with me for a light snack after! We swapped kid stories and I just enjoyed the time. Wish I had taken a pic of our cute toes together - they gave us fancy flowers on our big toes for an extra $5. Thanks so much for a nice visit Kendra, I think we should make it a regular thing :)



My next venture was a product shoot for Pantry Candles with my friend Denise. She's got such a lovely home I knew we would find some great places to shoot. I do have photos of her candles to share - just a disclaimer first, the website name is only on these photos to protect her products on the net. I am not going to have it on her photos so that she can use them however she wishes. I have to put in a plug for her lavendar scented candle...its that time of year and I love this scent, thanks Denise (she gave me one)!!

Denise had such kind words for me about my blog and she gave me the strength to carry it on. Some days its not easy to squeeze it in with all the chaos behind me...or to find intelligent things to share. I've been trying to keep it in context with the fact that I do this for me and for my children so they will be able to see my personality....you never know how long you have to make a good impression (if that's your choice). We had great conversation and both learned more about each other than we ever thought we would before I got there! I adore her, her brothers and her mother so I'm glad we got that time together. Denise, stay strong through your struggles....you'll be okay....and know its okay to cry! Im here if you ever need a chat!!!







As I was leaving Denise's house, my friend Lisa called - she found me a BED!! It worked out perfectly, her call as I was leaving caught me in the right town to go have a look at the bed right then. I drove over to the store, walked through the door and there was a gentleman just coming out of it past me. I recognized his face and said hello and asked how he was doing. He continued past and responded with good. I said, you dont recognize me (it had been many years since I'd last seen him). He turned and told me he didn't. I told him my maiden name and he seemed so excited to see me. We continue to chat about where we were in life and he was very anxious to hear about my mom and siblings. He lived just up the street from us and they had an antique auction barn attached to their house. Years ago they had a house fire that was HUGE and destroyed the entire home. That night my mom went up and scooped up all the kids and told them to come back to our house. She provided a place for them to stay out of the way while the firefighters fought the blaze. I remember feeling so sad for them - there were lots of kids (dont remember how many) and they were all crying, just completely devastated. (holy crow did I digress there). Anyway, he owned the store, showed me the white iron bed and I fell in love!! The price is high but I think its worth it. Then he told me that the woman selling it purchased it from his store for $35 more than she was selling it for (consignment) because she is battling cancer. I didn't argue the price and asked him to hold it for me while I contemplated. Im SO getting it! LOL!


Well, I guess I'll wrap this up - Jean is home today and the boys are so JEALOUS he gets a day off. Cameron is carrying on and asking "How come you get to stay home and we cant" and Jean said "Because its my birthday holiday that my company gives me and I chose to take it for the long weekend". He usually takes my birthday off in stead of his because mine usually falls on the memorial weekend. If its mid week, he still takes it off and takes me to lunch.

A busy day tomorrow. Forgive me if I dont get to the blog - Cameron's First Communion is late morning and I have a seminar the second half of the day. It will be fun! I probably wrote enough today that you could spread it out over the entire weekend!
Have a great, great day!!!!
~kel~

2 comments:

Jane S. said...

Hi Kelly -

I am PeachState from the Restuvus board, and also you and I talked via MySpace a while back.

I just want to say that I've read your blog a few times, and you truly have a gift of writing! I enjoy reading about you and your family (please don't think I'm a stalker LOL), and honestly I wish I had had half as much sense as you do when I was younger. Thanks for writing and sharing.

Keep loving your kiddies like you do and making them one of your priorities. So many parents don't really do that nowadays, and trust me, they grow up so fast that you won't believe it after they are grown. My kids are 26 and 22 - my son is married with 4 children (3 step-children and 1 natural son), and my daughter is getting married in 2 weeks. So while my family has definitely grown, I kind of miss just us 4 in the household like it used to be. But change ... well, you just have to get used to it!

Anyway, just wanted to drop you a line. Oh, and by the way, your photography is fantastic, absolutely as beautiful as I have ever seen in my life.

Take care, Kelly, and have a great Memorial Day weekend.

Jane Smith
Cedartown, GA
janiebug00@charter.net

Kelly said...

Jane......Thank you so much for your comments!!!! I take them all to heart and really appreciate that you took the time for me! I completely enjoy writing and I only hope my children get the opportunity to read the entries when they are parents.

Thank you also for your compliments on my photography. I have been working hard at following a dream and feel good about the recent choices I have made for my family and my life.

I hope your weekend was awesome!!!!
:)
~kel

Sitemeter