Friday, June 13, 2008

Its good to be back!!!

Business first: I had my first beach shoot of the season last night - feels good to be back!!! I have to tell you how great these kids are! They listened so well and got along great and I completely enjoyed my time with them! I think you can tell by the photos!!! I believe mom will be checking here for a sneak preview and I wanted to say Thank You, Karen, for calling me...your children are wonderful people!!

My beautiful, wonderful, simple life: Jean left for work really early this morning and Ms. Marleigh crawled in my bed as she does most mornings. I love this time with her - and sometimes Makenna joins us too and its a big love fest with tons of kisses, hugs and giggles. Yesterday was a busy one for them with Meemie. They played in the pool and being there is so much fun for them they are exahusted when they get home (thanks for wearing them down for me Mom!) Marleigh was feeling a little sluggish this morning....she toted four dolls and her blanket into my bed and once we got them all situated, she cozied into me and held her blanket to her lips. She calls this "smelling" her blanket -Branden and Makenna smelled their blankets too but Cam never did..probably because he was always itching is eczematous skin - poor kid. The girls and I laid there for a bit, just drifting in and out of sleep. At one point I asked Marleigh if she was ready to get up and she softly shook her head no like she was completely content wrapped in my comforter. We had the fan in the window so the air was cool but we were so cozy.....none of us wanted to get up! Only two days left of school and we will be able to stay in bed until we are done being lazy.

Yesterday while driving the girls to my moms, Makenna was singing a "happy" song. I dont remember the words or even what the song sounded like because it was made up, but it was about love and it was cute! She sang sweetly and when she was done I looked back to tell her she did a great job and her smile was so big and her entire face was lit up. I could tell she was proud of that song and I commended her on a job well done. When I turned back around I got emotional because she looked so happy at that moment - I dont want to forget that big smile or how it made me feel to see it. It was a 2 second moment.....a smile just for me. When I think of the emotions I felt after seeing her smile, it reminds me of the first time we took Branden to see Disney on Ice (maybe lame to some but this was our first big adventure as parents). He was my first born, about 3 years old, and when I saw the look of wonder on his face when Mickey Mouse first came out I cried....it was a look you dont get to see all the time...I remember it clearly today and hope I never ever forget it. Simple happiness I guess.

Well, I should go. First a few shout-outs....Cheryl F., thanks for your referral - a free 8x10 at your next session is coming your way.....and Laurie S. who offered me sundresses in 3T - YES! YES! PLEASE!! I LOVE MY BLOG!!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter