Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A simple life.....

My struggles to make my tiny Cape Cod style home feel bigger and more spacious are always ongoing but I have to admit that leaving it would be a hard thing for me to do. I brought all my babies home to this home and decorated each room in "Kelly style". I am a simple woman and as much as I dream of the day when I have something "bigger" and "better", living in this cozy little home of mine is a pretty good thing.

I love summer mornings in my home.....I love to look out the front door at my freshly manicured lawn and smell the fresh grass clippings. I love that the sun rises in the front and sets in the back....and I love how it peeks through the tall trees that shade the house for the very first part of the morning. I love that my children cannot sneak past me or one another without touching or interacting in some way. I believe that love does grow best in small houses and I hope that all who come here can feel and see that love. I think I want to stay in this house while my children experience their teenage years so that I can continue to watch them closely - ever aware that they need their space too but close enough to hear the cries of joy or sadness....I remember being a teen!

So for now I will embrace my little home and know that when its time to send the kids to college, the smaller mortgage will allow me to help them pay the way. Then, maybe when they have started families of their own, we will have added on here or will have a new place with enough rooms that they will bring their families to me for extended visits.


We aren't the Jones's and really don't have any material possessions desirable by any one of neighbors or friends but we do have an incredible love and understanding here and that's the one thing I am most proud of!
It's the simple things for me!
~kel~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to tell you Kelly-- I live in a big house and I LOVE small houses. Wish I could talk hubby into downsizing. You are so wise to stay in your beautiful little house.

Kelly said...

Thanks Michelle.....Its cozy and all mine :)

Sitemeter