Saturday, July 12, 2008

Support for my friends & What I like about camp

Yesterday was a scramble to get everyone dressed and out of the house fairly early (sorry no blog entry). My dear friends said goodbye to their mom and we were there to support them through such a difficult time. Its so difficult to watch someones heart breaking like that. I know I'm not the only one this happens to....but it helps me to put my own life into perspective and I go home appreciative of the people I have in my life! Its funny how we work so hard to have nice things but when mourning a loss, its the people and relationships we have that really matter. When we arrived at the church, the parking lot was full and people were still coming in and trying to find a place to park.....that says a lot to me...she was involved in her community and people noticed and loved her very much. I want to touch the lives of many in a positive way so they will miss me when I'm gone! Rest in Peace, Paulette - you left an amazing legacy in the children you raised.....they are all loving and warm....be proud! The relationships you made in your life will help support them.....I saw that yesterday! Love, Kelly



********************
Today we are back to camp and I think I have found a way to get photos onto the blog - just dont have a program to put a border around them or my copyright on them ... but that's okay, its still fun to have photos to look at!!

One of the best things about camp is the fresh donuts they make on Saturday mornings! Its been a tradition here for YEARS and I was delighted to learn the new owners continued the tradition! I remember coming here as a kid and sharing donuts with my friend - they just don't compare to any others you can buy! They used to sell them to local convenience stores but now they are exclusive to the campground store. My kids are waiting with cash in hand at 8:00 AM when the store opens. The owners always set aside a few bags for them but the kids are always prompt......you could set your clock by them! We came here for the 4th and they were on her doorstep on a Friday morning looking for the donuts - she felt bad when shehad to inform them they were a day early! Luckily, that is one thing they don't argue about - who will get the donuts - for some reason, it always just works out.













YUMMY or what???? I got this photo just before the girls snatched them up for breakfast!




Today we have another birthday party and then I have the priviledge of photographing my friend's daughter as she prepares to compete in a 4H event showing her animals for ribbons at a local fair. I'm excited to bring the kids to a fair with a good excuse! Jean does not typically care for fairs but said he would go with me today....it know it will be fun!


Have a great weekend!!!!
~kel~
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Sitemeter