Monday, July 28, 2008

Things are good!

A long post to make up for the missed days this weekend!
It was a busy one that started with another H.S. Senior! My second Haley in a week!! This one was vacationing in Maine from Rhode Island and wanted her senior portraits done at a wildlife refuge that we have here in Southern Maine. Her family vacations here every year and they found me because her mom is medical transcriptionist and chats on the same MT message board that I do! Thanks Joanne for giving me the opportunity to photograph your lovely daughter! We had fun...didn't we? I didn't get much of a chance to chat with Joanne because my focus was on Haley. I wanted her to feel comfortable with me. It was fun to be someplace different....and I was surprised at all the places we had available to take some great photos! I asked her to remove her sneakers for a few photos on this bench. She was reluctant at first but I asked her to trust me.......Haley and Joanne, I'd like your feedback on this one! Doesn't she look relaxed and "at home"!

Because she loves nature (but not ticks), I wanted to give her an image of her appreciating the environment. The way the sun was setting on the boardwalk to this spot it made an awesome setting. There are several in this series that I think are great but this one was just serene. Haley asked me for a serious photo and I told her that her face was just made for a smile - I personally think that this is a good serious pose for her :)


Next......I talked my adorable friend Jackie into doing some maternity photos of her third baby due in a little over a month. She's got two of the nicest boys and is expecting another. Her sister Jane has blessed the pages of my blog a few times with both her maternity photos and the photo of her wrapping her arms around her husband and baby son.....so if Jackie looks familiar, its because they look very much alike.

Jackie is sweet and girly.....and when I gave her maternity photos some thought, I wanted her to look as girly as possible because she's surrounded with so many males! I pictured her cozy in her room with her guys and hope to get some that are just as cozy when the baby comes!


Her hubby even let me use him as a prop for a few!

Thanks guys!

Saturday evening I had this awesome family to photograph....what a good looking crew, huh? Jeannine (center) and I met through Jackie (above) several months ago when I did Jeannine's maternity photos! They lucked out with fabulous weather as its been really strange this week with thunderstorms and a tornado not too far from here (we don't get tornados in Maine). The kids were so good - the babies are just a few days apart in age so they will get to grow up together.....what a gift!

Thank you all for choosing me as your photographer! I know there are lots of choices....it means a lot to me!

~kel~

2 comments:

joanne said...

Wow! Kelly these are beautiful! We absolutely love them! Thanks so much for making time for us. Looking forward to seeing the other shots. :)

Jeannine Aucoin ~ Independent Beachbody Coach and Reiki Master said...

Kelly, you are awesome!!!! We love our family shots and can't wait to see more!!

Sitemeter