Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Park, Close Crops & A Show!

I decided to be a nice mom and take my kids to the park for some play time. They were suffering from extreme boredome and I felt bad watching them just kick around the yard! I got a few of my errands done and then we started to drive in that direction . I never tell my kids where we are going because if for some reason we don't get there, I dont have to listen to them melt down. I do get constant questioning from the back seat "where are we going" or suggestions on where they'd like to go but I never concur - their little lives are full of constant surprises (hear the snicker in my voice). Its like they just know by how I am acting that we are going someplace "special" so generally they are on their best behavior but there's always that time or two when I can say "well, we WERE going to a special place but your behavior got in the way" (hear my evil snicker now). I believe every parent needs to make that fake trip occasionally just to drive the point home. Its like when they are little and you are in the grocery store and they act up about not sitting in the cart or holding onto it like you've instructed...I am here to tell you, you only have to leave your full shopping cart once to drive home the point that you will not put up with that! Its worth it....just leave the cart and walk right out that door. If you can, drop them off with dad at home and return for the groceries - they get it!

When we arrived at the park, there was one car there and I couldn't see any people....it was sorta like the Twilight Zone because this is a hoppin park. Don't get me wrong...I loved that my kids ruled the park without the influence of some little rugrat who likes to push my little blondie around.......only to learn she holds her own! (Its happened before so now Im ready for it when we go there). Soon I realized why there was nobody there - 85 degrees means hot slides and swing seats. The shaded area was awesome though so I hung there and watched......

The boys tried to knock each other off the wabbly log......


The girls gave us one of their famous shows/concerts on the little stage at the park. They had a captivated audience (didn't take long for the boys to decide the park was boring w/out other kids to enjoy it with). It was nice to enjoy their singing abilities in the outside...where the rest of the world could enjoy such sweet sounds!! (another snicker)


And then it happened....Momma (me) found the sweet spot....the perfect sun/exposure and lighting to shoot a closeup and my bored.......I mean boys....were willing to be my subjects!!!! Ahhhhh lucky me.....


So glad I had my camera with me for this spur-of-the moment visit to the park!

It's Meemie day and I have a few shoots on the books so I'm off to "work".

One last thing - 5 slots left for the Vintage Divas - come on Mom's DO THIS!!!! It's a once in a lifetime thing - bring a friend!! I have to fill all the slots or Jen can't come! You can do the Vintage Divas, something more modern or the classy/modest boudoir I mentioned yesterday - you will be so glad you did it!! Call me!

Enjoy the day!!!!

~kel~

2 comments:

-Jennifer Harvey said...

Kelly, Only 5 openings left, Thats great! They are going to go quickly too.... Don't forget to reserve one for yourself too!

This is going to be so much fun!

Jamie VanBeekum said...

Girlfriend, you know if I was in the same state with you, I'd be all over that offer! Take care,

Jamie

Sitemeter