Saturday, December 13, 2008

AAAhhhhhhh

You just don't appreciate a warm shower and a flushing toilet until you have to do without them for more than 24 hours! Jean is convinced I'd never make it on Survivor and I did not beg to differ with him on that one! I had to call my friend Robyn, who kindly opened her doors to my family so that we could wash some of the grime off. Upon our return home, the power gods had visited and we were blessed with running water and indoor sunshine!

I immediately ran to push the button to fire up the pc so that I could get some photos blogged. Sorry if boring but its pretty big news and the most excitement we've had around here since the Disney trip. First, close-ups.....
This is the innocent grass on my front lawn...it has escaped any real snow yet this year and was still pretty green in spots.
The shrubs wore the ice like sweaters.....a perfect fit.....can you see the texture?? It's just amazing!
Before we got the generator running, the kids played with battery powered games.....this was one of the quieter moments.
Mid afternoon yesterday, the sun started peeking through the storm clouds.....it really was beautiful! Im a whimp....took these from the comfort of my office window....so, they are shot through glass but you get the idea. The sun was a welcome sight but it made things scary as the chunks of ice melted and fell everywhere.
Here's my creative shot for the day. I put the camera near the ground and took the shot.
Needless to say.....we are truly living in a winter wonderland here in Southern Maine. I'll show more photos tomorrow - my better half is learning to appreciate a good photo and took my camera on the road with him!! Jean's debut tomorrow!!

Enjoy!!
~kel~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are so beautiful! We would never in a million years see anything like that here, and I love to see the closeups of the ice and all the snow and ice covered trees! :)

Sitemeter