Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My beautiful nieces.....

When Robin calls on me for some Christmas portraits and I'm always happy to oblige. When it's family its very relaxed!! I wanted to show several from their session...they are uploading a bit darker then they actually are but you get the idea and it's really the little faces that make the photo.

I intentionally ask the girls for serious expressions because, as you can see, they have amazing relaxed looks! In a session with me, you will find that I ask for serious/non-smiling photos because I want to capture people how they look most of the day when they are relaxed. I know most like that straight in the camera smile but I personally would rather capture the interaction and relationships as a keepsake.





I played with this one a bit and chose to do "selective color" for something different.
And just so you can see that they do smile and have fun together....

I think I will highlight more sessions as I am editing them this week.

This morning I am off early to bring my Cameron to the doc for a check on his collar bone. It's killing him not to be active...Jean caught him playing street hockey this weekend and just as he looked over at him, Cam fell to the ground...on the opposite shoulder luckily! BOYS!!

Katie & Tasha thank you for your comments on my blog yesterday, its the highlight of my day when I get comments and know there is actually someone out there reading this thing!

Enjoy!
~kel~

2 comments:

Australian Labradoodles of Coastal Maine said...

love the purple color! you are a true artist!!!
:)tasha

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly (picture me waving at you)! LOVED those pics, especially the one with just the purple. Fantastic work! Hope all is well with you guys and Cam's clavicle is better soon.
BREN

Sitemeter