Monday, December 15, 2008

Welcome Monday

I think that after the last few days, lots of folks in this area will welcome the normalcy of returning to the Monday routine. There are still lots without power who crave the slightest bit of "normal" and my thoughts are with them. I was glad to put the kids on the bus so that I can tackle cleaning my home top to bottom without interruption....although I do still have the biggest mess-maker here.....ahhh....she's only 3, I can handle her!

I have more photos of the storm....Jean's debut, remember :) BUT first....I had a shoot yesterday with this family who had to reschedule twice due to the weather. I was so glad we finally got some time together! He is an electrician so his work week will be full after this storm....but he's happy about it as the economy has made things slow lately.

It's awesome how this white background makes my families look like Gap ads.

Oh Hannah, she was soooo cute....I couldn't stop snapping photos of her!

Here they are in chocolate......and cozy!!
Melissa, thanks so much for contacting me! I'm so glad we finally got to meet!
I sent Jean out with my D80 in hand after asking him if he minded taking a few photos for me so that I could see the damage. I think he remembered three miles away from home on his return that he'd forgotten to take the camera out so he just snapped them from the driver's seat.(Correct me if I'm wrong, Dear!) It's fine....the sights are still fantastic. The trees here are still all bowed over like this as the ice has not melted. Today we are supposed to warm up to nearly 50 degrees, which will create more hazardous situations as the ice melts.
This is the problem everywhere.....if the lines are not supporting the trees like this, then they have completely snapped them....making rescue that much harder.


While cooped up, I practiced my skills. As Marleigh stood on the windowsill watching Jean work in the yard, I took advantage of her inability to move away from me.

I'm off to run around the town.

Enjoy!

~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter