Thursday, December 11, 2008

Beauty....

is in the eye of the beholder.....and I behold these children of mine are beauties!! Okay...so maybe that was a bit of a bold comment and not so humbling or sincere sounding but yesterday I took the kids to the studio to try to get a photo I could use for my own Christmas card. I won't be able to show you the results of the ONE photo of all four (out of the 300 I took) that came out good enough to use on my card as it is top secret until the last envelope is addressed and stamped. I will save that post for closer to Christmas. You probably won't find it nearly as amazing as I do as their mother but I'd still like to surprise the recipients. You see, the one photo that did come out well makes my heart so happy that I am in complete and utter LOVE with my children....every time I go back to look at it!! (If you are a mom, you know what I mean when I say that - its not that I don't love them all the time....its just that...some days I could use a gentle reminder....also the reason I blog positively about this life of mine).

So here we go.....
Branden first....so mature and helpful....yet always finds time to be silly with his brother.

Makenna next....she's lovin' her hair in a bow and being dressed in "all white". I'm lovin' the crimson paper I finally dug out of the packaging! (Jo, do you love it or what? one light, I didn't light the paper at all - paper backdrops and I do not get along so I just went with one light.)

Next is Cameron....who has the BEST "no-smile" face EVER!! His hair reminds me of Jean's when we started dating.
Last is a close-up of my baby....you'd never know I was calling (okay, yelling) to her "Marleigh, look at mommy....Marleigh, I'm over here....Marleigh...look in my camera, see the big round circle!!!" She was so good to hold the smile with all that commotion going on (kids running around me as I try to get her to stay focused on me)...it really is comical! Jill, you are right, the outtakes would probably make a better card!
Lastly, maybe Laurie will recognize this nightgown that used to belong to her daughter. I grabbed it on my way out of the house to change Marleigh into so she wouldn't destroy the white sweater/skirt set she had on. Then I had the SPLENDID idea to photograph her in it holding a teddy bear and I think its kinda sweet! (do you notice her little eye lashes showing as she turned her head slightly?)

This post brought to you by an obsessed momographer who is smitten with her children today! Ask me again tomorrow when they are all home making me crazy (the teachers have a workshop scheduled so no school)...my feelings may be slightly different. (I'll come here for my gentle reminder).
Enjoy!
~kel~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Kelly, just beautiful! What I wouldn't have to have pictures like that. When are you heading to the midwest? :)

This does make me realize I need to have some professional pics done soon.

Happy Holidays!

Sitemeter