Friday, December 26, 2008

Okay! We can breathe now.......

Chistmas is over!


The kids seem so happy with their gifts!


Cameron got....Need for Speed Collectors Pack....a video game he'd been wanting.....
Marleigh got a doctor's kit and THREE new dolls to take care of (plus the Cinderella dress she's been asking me for since our return from Disney).

Makenna got the doll that pee's and poops and talks and talks and talks...only to come to me one hour after opening the box, feeding and pottying her to tell me: "Mom, I want to return her"......I ask why....hands over her face she replies: "Because she's giving me a headache!" I laughed and told her to just turn her off....but upon inspection, there is no "off" button! I told her to just place her on the shelf in her room and see if she shuts down....she's been there ever since!
A week or so ago, she asked if it was okay that we remove her American Girl doll from her room at night because she "creeps her out" when she's trying to sleep. Makenna thinks she comes awake at night and crawls into her bed and steals the covers. She's serious when she's telling me this and I feel bad that I giggle at how cute her expressions are.
Branden's expression of thankfulness made Christmas morning memorable for me. We told the kids that Christmas would be light this year because of our trip to Disney....but...I bought him a portable video game he's been talking about since last Christmas. This year he didn't even ask for it, knowing it was beyond the budget we had set out. Their lists included things that were under $50 (specifically) and I was so impressed by that, I had to get that one special thing that would really surprise each of them. He knew it was more than he asked for.....and his face was priceless when he opened it. I hid my face and tears of joy because I felt a little silly.....I hope he knows how much his reaction to the gift meant to me.

Dog Quest Update: Cameron continues to keep up his end of the deal!! His dog fund is getting up there! Lisa sent him a card for encouragement and support and included some cash to help him with the initial purchases (dog bed and food is his main focus right now). He's amazed at the support he's getting and now he's confident he will have a dog soon. I do remind him occassionally but I find as the weeks go on, I'm not having to remind him as much because his space is already tidy!!!!

Well, I'm off to clean the mess that Christmas brings. I think I will wait another day or two to take the tree down....I'm enjoying it this year!

Happy Day!

~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter