Thursday, December 4, 2008

Around home....and freckles....

Makenna made me these happy paper people.....what she lacks in reading skills, she makes up for in creativity (that's MY girl!) She learned how to make the cut-out in school but asked me about how to make girls....I showed her once (mine are the small ones) and she folded her paper to make "mommies" to go with the little girls. She designed their dresses, gave them faces and then stapled them so they were dancing together (all her own idea) and we were both thrilled with how cute they look...I'll treasure them!





I promised freckle photos and here they are......sooo cute! My brother had freckles when we were kids....and I think I had a few too. Of course, you hate them when they are yours but when I meet a child I'm going to photograph and I spot those beauty marks across the nose, I know I'm going in for a close-up!!


Thanks for inquiring about Cameron! Doc told him another two weeks and they will revisit the hockey games...for now though, he can participate in practices but no contact activities as his collarbone is still tender to the touch. He doesn't have to wear his brace but he did come home from school yesterday stating he was going to wear it today because his friends forget its still sore and he got a few shoves that made him uncomfortable. He felt good enough to participate in street hockey last night with the boys in the hood though....

What's hockey without a snack?

I took some time away from the pc to get some family time. My lap does not say empty long when I make myself cozy on the couch. As soon as one child leaves it, another takes his/her place. Marleigh is the usual resident...Branden was kind enough to grab my camera.

Enjoy!
~kel~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear it won't be much longer for Cameron. Smart boy putting the brace back on for protection - very wise for his age! :) Loved those paper dolls! Reag. crafs all-day-long. Can you guess what she will get for Christmas?? It's a big box of "stuff" - perfect for crafting! As always, enjoying your blog so much!

Sitemeter