Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Day 3 of school vacation.

Jean and the kids spent the night at my in-laws camp last night. They are coming home today. I miss them but when I talked to Makenna last night, she didnt stop with stories of how much fun she is having. As great as I think its gonna be to have some time with a quiet house with just Marleigh home - it wasn't very productive as far as work goes. She was in my office pestering me every few minutes so I finally threw in the towel and took the girl shopping! She was begging me....so I caved!! ;-) We went to the shoe store to get her some new shoes. We got her a pair of brown casual Mary Jane style shoes and when she saw these black ones....she repeatedly said "dese ones mumma, my ballerina". So...good thing it was a BOGO sale....we got TWO! This morning she woke up and immediately went to get her ballerina's on.

This photo is a treasure to me - she's wearing her new favorite shoes, her favorite jammies (its a short sleeved top so I put a turtle neck on instead) and her favorite blanket. She's sitting on the couch exactly how she does every morning to watch her programs. Its peaceful and she's happy - I want to remember times like this.

Yesterday I took a photo of the boys first thing (7:10 AM) after Jean gave the thumbs up that the ice rink was in perfect condition for them. They wasted NO time getting out there and didn't even change out of their jammies. (remember I told you that was how we like to spend days off). When they are lazy teens, I will have photos to show their dedication to the sport and ability to get up early on a day off!
Happy Hump Day!!!!!
~Kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter