Thursday, February 21, 2008

The moon.


I did get some photos of the eclipse last night! Not as good as the ones on the news but taking this type of pic is not easy. Im happy to show the kids my pics.

I love car rides with my kids (most of the time). Last night we had dinner out (I love that ALL of the time - I hate trying to come up with something for dinner - we'd eat cereal every night if it was acceptable). So on our ride home we talked about several things - Lent was first - I always give up several things and try to improve on others during lent because Im in hopes it will start a new habit for me. They say it takes six weeks to start a habit so I always go into it with positive thoughts thinking maybe this will be the year the habit sticks. My boys gave up fast food (dont tell God about the one stop they made to Wendy's after hockey practice last week-they were starving!) Im very proud of their efforts. Cameron also gave up candy - I bet this is the last year he does that! Makenna told us last night that she gave up her ABC's!! She was completely serious - and when she announced it, Marleigh broke into the ABC song!
Next was talk of the eclipse and how beautiful the moon was. DID you see that big pink ball of light (sunset) in the sky?? Well on our way home, the moon was out and so bright Cameron and Makenna were so cute imagining we were racing the moon home. We would turn a corner and the moon was in front and Makenna would screech that the moon was using its rocket lauchers again and winning the race. It was entertaining to listen to their imaginations and its always nice to hear Cameron and Makenna engaged in something. They conflict the most in our house but I know they love each other very much.

Here's a photo from our car ride to Six Flags last summer. We stowed the other front seat so they could watch movies. Yes - I photograph EVERYTHING!! Its so fun to go back and look at them!
Have a great day! (reminder to watch the blog tomorrow - its giveaway Friday!)
~Kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter