Sunday, February 10, 2008

It's a mom thing.

This morning its just Marleigh (2 yo) and me. The other kids spent the night at my moms with their cousins. Am I incredibly blessed or what? My mom will take all four of my children (Marleigh isnt quite ready for sleep overs yet) and my brother's kids and whoever else would like to stay and have them overnight- and lots of times they are there for the weekend together because they are having so much fun. This morning hubby went after one of the boys to get him to a hockey game and left me with the baby. Is it so wrong that I still call her the baby? I am still having issues with her being my last one so once in a while I refer to her that way.

This morning I took her into the shower with me because I didn't want to leave her alone. She loves to shower with me because she enjoys playing with her rubber ducks in the "rain" of the shower. I picked her up to wash her hair and while I was rinsing her, she reached out and stroked my hair and said "you look pretty mumma" and made me tear up! I hate that she wont be A baby forever so I really relish these kinds of days with her. I may be guilty of taking each day for granted but days like today I do not. I try so hard to remember them (knowing fully that I will not remember the specifics of them, just trying to create a way not to forget a little piece of it). Im not even close to having any one of my kids leave the nest but watching how quickly Branden has grown and how fast eleven years goes by just makes me emotional when I think of them all getting ready to go off on their own. Tell me Im not crazy thinking like this...its a mom thing, right!
Have a great day!
~kel~

1 comment:

Tina Stearns said...

awww that is a real nice note today kel you are blessed with very nice kids and Im very happy for you... wish I had a lilgirl of my own ... keep up with the pics you do a very nice job !! ........... I sitll think my pic would of won the contest !
see-ya Bud

Sitemeter