Thursday, February 28, 2008

A day in the life....(sort of)

Like every week day, the girls and I were here alone and I decided to document the kinds of things they do each day with each other before Makenna goes off to school next fall and Marleigh turns into a complete couch potato with nobody to play with. Makenna wasn't feeling her best but when she was up for play, she had some great ideas. The day started slow with some cartoons on Noggin.
I took this one of Marleigh's footed jammies because I dont think she'll wear them next year (that's when all my kids rejected them). Not only does she look cozy - she still looks like a baby in them when she's toddling down the hallway and curled up on the couch. Im hanging on to that baby part as long as I can!!
Late morning they decided it was time for a tea party picnic. I had to make a point of telling Makenna that she was only allowed two snacks on this adventure -last time she had the blanket spread out on the livingroom floor and quite the spread going on! Enough to feed an army. She learned about mixing snacks at Mrs. Potter's class and that's the trend now too - mix three together (usually something like goldfish, popcorn and pretzels). Makenna's first mix had yogurt, grapes, pretzels, apple sauce and goldfish. She mixed it all up and tasted it. She told me she "wasn't really hungry right now and she was gonna leave it for dad because it was so delicious!" :) Here they are toasting each other!
Next they went to play upstairs. It was really quiet so I grabbed my camera and went looking for them. I found them in my room - all snug in my bed! They love to be in my bed - I don't blame them, it is heaven for me at the end of the day too! (its a sleep number and I recommend it highly!)
From there they decided to play dress-up. I bought Marleigh this dress and it has a matching dress for her doll so she asked me to put it on her. She loves her dolls so much....the ones we get at the dollar store!!! Last pic is of her playing pat-a-cake with her.


Kenna wasn't feeling so good but did sit for this pic.

We were up at 3:00 AM with her this morning - she was croupy. We gave her a nebulizer treatment and this morning she looks and feels great. I hate when they are sick and its like clockwork every Feb/March we are treating one of them with the neb.

Have a great Thurday!

~Kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter