Thursday, February 7, 2008

What I see....

When a family comes to me for portraits, I know they are looking for perfect smiles and no double chins so I do my best to capture that....but what I see is so much more. I watch the family dynamics and strive to capture "them" as a family. This is my style and these are the photos I treasure from the family sessions. Its so sweet how her family responds to her when her candy cane breaks.



She and her daddy have a special bond - I'd love to have a photo like this of me and my dad. -->
Yesterday would have been my dad's 62nd birthday. My brothers, sister and I always have dinner with my mom on his birthday and my mom makes his favorite meal. Last night my uncle (dad's brother) and his wife came over and brought my grandmother for a piece of birthday cake. My husband enjoyed hearing hunting stories my uncle shared of times he went with my dad. Dad has been gone 19 years now and we still carry this tradition. I miss him very much and really wish he could have met my kids. So when I see a moment like this, I take the opportunity to stop time for just that second. This is why I am a photographer!
I am blessed with some terrific friends and I had to share this photo of them. He's not one for having pics done so I really appreciate that he doesnt kick and scream when his wife drags him to come see me.

Have a great Thursday!! If you haven't voted for your favorite pic yet - we'd love to have your input!!

~Kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter