Saturday, February 23, 2008

More from the chick....




This was the same little girl who posed as the chick below. I just had to show more from her session.

Its Saturday so I have a standing appointment with my grandmother. I go there once a week to set and style her hair for her. When she gave up her drivers license she couldn't get to the hairdresser weekly like she had become accustomed. I stopped in one day just over a year ago and she seemed a little down. It took some prodding but I finally figured out that it was her inability to keep up with her hair appointments that bothered her. I know Im particular about how I look when I leave the house (makeup and hair done) and she is the same way! She was not going to church anymore and it seemed like her life changed drastically for her when she stopped driving. I remember that day I stopped in, after finally figuring it out, I asked her where she kept her curlers and some gel. I refused to take no for an answer and she seemed so delighted I was willing to stay and do her hair for her. I've been visiting her once a week now and the visits are a blessing for me. I usually bring my girls along and they entertain her while I work. Before these weekly visits, it was very sporadic that I'd make the time to see her. Now, its just a part of my week! I love that my girls know her and are very comfortable there. They play with an old doll that belonged to my aunt when she was growing up.

Have a great weekend!

~Kel~

1 comment:

Jamie VanBeekum said...

Kelly, enjoy your grandma! She's such a beautiful lady and so lucky to have you!!! I admire you so much and all that you do for others. I'm blessed to call you my friend!

Jamie

Sitemeter