Thursday, August 28, 2008

The day after.

Remember the day after a special event.....getting to sit and play with the new toys, counting the card money and just enjoying a day filled with all kinds of "stuff" to do! That's what's happening here.
Thank you to all my family and friends who took the time to come and wish my Marleigh girl a happy birthday. As we watched the last guest leave, she turned to me and said "I'll miss my birdday." She loved being the star of the show.....and she didn't disappoint when it came to expressing herself!

She got her first "boy" baby!

Here's the face that says it all~this photo is priceless!!


Thank you Lisa for picking up my camera for this one! I was enjoying a cuddle from my girl and they told me she had a serious face so I was serious to match her and at the last second, she smirked...I love it!


Tracy brought some of her left over Disney money and gave it to my kids (THANK YOU SO MUCH TRACE). They combined it with the money they have been saving for the trip and started counting their loot last night. They finished it this morning....$219.10 and they will split that three ways as their spending money (I'll take care of Marleigh's expenses). They are anxious to see if they can get it closer to $300 so they will each have $100 to spend....they "hear its expensive at Disney"!! It has been an awesome experience to watch them work together at saving the money. Jean and I contribute loose change and an occasional $1 or $5 when we think of it but the rest is all them!

It's almost the weekend!! Happy Thursday!

~kel~

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Aww Kelly! Marleigh is sooooo friggen cute! I LOVE the crown! The picture of the 2 of you together is priceless!! Happy Birthday Marleigh! <3

Fran said...

Adore the snap of you and your daughter, Kel! Catching up on some of your entries and I'm never far from tears as I peek into the lives of others through your lens.

Gorgeous, as always!

Happy September!
Fran

Sitemeter