Friday, August 15, 2008

Vacation in Maine.....

This little girl brought me together with her family when she was only just a few months old. I was photographing my friend Jill at the beach..my first ever "model" shoot and I saw this family, a woman with her baby and her parents....and no camera! It was a beautiful night for the beach so I could see why they were there soaking in the sights. I approached them and asked if they'd like a few photos together. They agreed that would be great and we shared email addresses. A few nights later, this sweet mom called me asking if I'd photograph the baby's baptism. Nervous and shocked, I told her I would have to call her back with my answer....I'd never done such a thing for someone outside my friends and family. I called her back with my answer....yes....and each year since then, she's made an appointment with me!!
It seems whenever I am reminiscing about that day on the beach when photography started taking me in a different direction I get a call from Victoria and we have a few minutes to catch up. I have enjoyed watching this little one grow and because we only see each other once a year, its seems like leaps and bounds and she's more beautiful every year! This year she gave me a run...and it was adorable....she would stand next to me, when the camera was not up to my eye, and smile her beautiful smile....but as soon as I tried to take her photo, she'd scrunch her nose or turn away. She's a smart girl and I enjoyed the game. I tricked her a few times and got some great ones of those gorgeous blue eyes but I really love the ones where she's just being herself and enjoying her surroundings.

I love this one......and this one......
.......and this one too!!!!

A lovely family......thank you for making me part of your trip back home to Maine!

~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter