Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Marleigh!!!

My home is an incredibly happy place to be this morning. My daughter would bring a smile to any one's face so if you need some cheering up, come here!! I'm sure it will go on all day. Before I went to bed last night, I covered her bed with balloons (my usual tradition). This morning as she got out of bed, I watched her take note of the balloons as she continued into my bed. While she was laying there, I whispered "Happy Birthday, Marleigh" and she questioned...."My birthday is NOW? I told her "yes it is" and a huge, peaceful smile came across her face. She's been waiting for WEEKS! A few minutes later, Makenna crawled into my bed and whispered happy birthday wishes to her....and Marleigh replied "Thanks, my birthday is NOW!" They chatted about who would be coming later today to share cake and ice cream and how she wants balloons that go up in the air. We ventured down stairs....6:00 AM....and she didn't even wait for Jean to say it....she told him her birthday is NOW!

The boys woke up from all the excitement and came out to wish her HB too. They both hugged her....you can't resist....she's cute, cuddly and totally excited her birthday is NOW! Makenna got her a crown to wear today and we gave that to her right away (we always start the birthday with a present!) She was so excited to open it....once opened, she held up her hand and said "I be right back!" A few minutes later, she appeared in a party dress and said she was ready for her crown now. She then announced that she wanted us ALL to sing Happy Birthday to her NOW! We did and she smiled a huge sappy grin. It makes me emotional just writing this and recreating the morning.....she's animated, silly and great fun. As Jean was leaving for work, she told him "Give the party girl a hug" and we all got a laugh out of that.

She's got a huge heart and a sweet disposition.....lucky me, she's mine!! Happy Birthday Sweetheart!


Now on to business. Last night I photographed another Lindsay....an incredibly lovely girl with goals and dreams! She was fun to visit with and had lots of great information to share with me. When her mom called me to book the session, we hit it off right away so I was anxiously waiting to meet this family! They are officially on the "adore" list and I look forward to seeing them again.

Lindsay wanted a photo in her dad's denim jacket. He passed away when she was very young so when she mentioned a photo with the jacket, I knew I had to capture it correctly! Love these Lindsay.....what do you think?

When she saw my close cropped photo of Makenna and commented how much she liked it, I knew I had to get her one.....or two to choose from! She's a beauty, don't you agree?

Linda and Lindsay.....thanks so much for contacting me! I know you had a lot of choices and I'm so glad you picked me!!

Have a great day!

~kel~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday little girl! Oh my, your girls are GORGOEUS. Can't wait to see those someday tea party photos...

Kelly said...

Thank you Michelle....I have that tea party in my head but putting all the pieces together has been my challenge. I love the pics of your crew all lined up - its great to see them ALL together in one photo..I enjoy seeing the resemblances!

Sitemeter