Monday, August 25, 2008

More Lindsay and my message......

She's back.....my cute niece Lindsay! She wanted some beach photos and I wanted her to have them so we met for a quick session last night. The weather was perfect and I always enjoy catching up with my sister-in-law.

I found this shell still intact and slightly opened and wanted to have a photo of it.....my attempt at being creative.

A personal message from me: I want to start my message with "I am not a perfect mom....although I may portray one on my blog!"

I started blogging because I just didn't have time for scrapbooking anymore. It was going to be about my life raising my four kids and how much I love my husband. Then it became a way to highlight what was going on in my life as photography started becoming a big part of every day. Then I started asking clients if they minded if I put their photos on my blog so that I could watch my photographs improve AND it would be a way for them to get a "sneak peek" of their photos sooner than I could get them ready for proof. My blog has evolved into more business lately but my personal entries will continue to find their way here because daily blogging has become therapy for me! :)

I am not perfect.....I yell at my children and have regrets about not being that perfect mother I say I'm going to be at the start of every day! I say things to them that I am not proud of and I do not always set the examples I wish I was......but......I do believe in asking for forgiveness and I am very aware when I have made a poor choice. I want to look back at my memories on this blog and remember the good times so that I have it in print that I "tried" to do the right things once in a while and at least my intentions were good on an almost daily basis. I don't need to blog about the bad things....my head will not allow me to forget them as easily as it lets the good times slip from memory. I love my children from the deepest part of who I am and I want them to read this and know that. I want them to remember the good times too. Remember, I lost my dad when I was young and I would really like to have known him better....especially as an adult. I want my kids to know me....my personality, the things I am proud of and the kind person that I work towards being each day.

I try not to appear fake or too perfect and I think if you know me personally, in real life, I am who I am and I love my life and those who are in it. I am blessed and I want to shout it out to the world. I want people who read this page to feel good, inspired and invited back for more the next day.

So there.....my message....I am not Joan Cleaver...but I try and that's all I can do! :)

Have a great day!!!!

~kel~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your happy blog!

Kelly said...

Oh girlfriend.....I love your happy blog too!!!! I want to spread positive and I only hope its received as such.

Thanks for your note!
:)

Fran said...

ACK I went to switch user names and it blanked out my comment! WAH!

Well, in a nutshell, it's always a treat to stop by and sample your life through your blog, Kel.

Hugs from across the miles!

Sitemeter