Thursday, August 14, 2008

Meet Missy....

She works at a farm that rescues Mustang horses....who cannot appreciate that sweet story! We had a great time walking through the stalls and barns to find good shady spots. The rain made the grounds mostly mud but I didn't mind because I love horses and everything about them. If we had room here, I'd be a cowgirl myself! We used to have a Morgan horse and a Shetland pony when I was younger and I miss the riding sometimes.
This was so much fun for me.....she did a great job with posing and I think she's a beauty! She has an awesome mom and sister who hung with us and didn't think I was too crazy with some of my ideas (you'll see below). Missy was game for anything and that made my job so, so easy! In our chats, she mentioned a red barn.....I got all tingly.....I knew I could get some great shots in front of a barn and already had some ideas rolling around in my spacious head.
I asked her what she thought about a fancy dress in front of the barn....a girl after my own heart, she could see my vision and agreed that it would be a great idea. She found this dress and had it there when I arrived. I really wanted to do some fun photos where we bring a dress to a place you don't typically see a dress like this.....thanks Missy for making it happen!! I really struggled with which ones to show....I'm so happy with all of them!
Love the dirty feet....its perfect!
Missy, I hope you had as much fun as I did! Thank you for contacting me!
An update on home life and what is going on in the next room: I dropped Branden off at a friend's house yesterday and then ventured to Walmart with the other three. I was looking for a CD of music and Cameron spotted Journey on sale and asked if he could get it. I was a little shocked he even knew who Journey was since I grew up listening to them....and...lets face it.....I'm OLD! So, I jumped at the chance to purchase it for him! We got to the car and he opened it up to listen to it and found it had 3 CD's in the case.....he was so excited....he got more for his money than he thought (even though it was my treat this time) and now that he pays for his own stuff, he appreciates it when there's a bonus! I love that they are listening to music I know!!! Thank you Rock Band!! Right now Makenna, who has only heard these songs a few times, is trying to sing along......you KNOW what its like to listen to someone who doesn't know the words....she makes up her own on the instrumental parts! One of them is a DVD of Journey in concert and they love watching them play....except Marleigh who has a total fit that they aren't watching Barney! She comes to me with her purple and green DVD, crying "My watch my Barney" and the boys immediately give in to her......oh to be a princess!
I'll continue to do my rain dance - another shoot is scheduled for tonight....no threatening skies...yet!
Have a goodie!
~kel~

2 comments:

Missy Rice said...

Kelly-Your absoultly amazing. I am breathless at those pictures you put on the blog. I LOVE THEM! I had such a great time with you. You will be hearing from me again!
I can't wait to see the rest of them!!

Kelly said...

Girl....its all you!!!! You rock!! Im so glad you like them...wait til you see the rest...it was tough to choose!!

I'll be in touch!!!!

Sitemeter