Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Enjoying a "moment".....

Another beach session scheduled for last night had to be rescheduled due to the unsettled weather here in Maine so I took advantage of the cloudy skies and followed my family to the back yard after dinner. The boys were taking out the paintball guns (only allowed when Dad is home) and, dressed in their grubbies and trash bags (Jeans idea - they looked so silly) once they were done laughing at each other, they moved from shooting trees to paint balling each other! Some may not agree with my lighthearted feelings about guns but I grew up with hunters and feel that if you don't take the time to teach boys to respect firearms, their curiosity will lead them to accidents....whether it's at home or at a friends house. Marleigh chooses to wear dresses every day....this is why I was delighted when my client and religious blog reader, Laurie, told me she had some in Marleigh's size that she was getting rid of!! I bought them all! When I got them, they were beautifully pressed and looked brand new and now they are so loved because as soon as they come from the wash, Marleigh is putting them right back on again. I don't save for a special occasions......I've learned my lesson.....if you save, things NEVER get used and loved to their full potential! While watching Marleigh twirl and dance, I got caught up in the moment and soaked in the details....I loved watching her hair and how it laid over her shoulders and down her back. Her skin so perfect...soft and new. Her smile was so innocent and it was cute how she laughed at herself when she'd lose her balance and fall. I wanted to freeze time right there...in the background, my boys and Jean laughing and having fun, Makenna was intently working on "something" to my left and I was watching this sweet girl twirling on my green grass....these are the moments MY dreams are made of and I don't want to wake up! Sometimes it seems so perfect that I wonder how long it will last before the carpet is pulled out from under me.....shame on me for such negative thoughts because I believe you are what you think and I try to keep it positive. (I was going to scratch that last line but decided to leave it in for my own reflection one day....Its normal to let doubt creep in once in a while and I am "normal").



I got this amazing shot of her as she was being so good and accommodating me with a few close-ups. I gasped when I saw it as I was flipping through the shots I'd taken....she's always so happy so when I see this serious face....my heart stops. She visits me in bed every morning and cozies up to me, rubbing my back with her tiny little hand. Does anyone have a remedy for growing older?? I want to keep her "almost 3" forever!!!


I hope you get the chance to enjoy a "moment" in your day....take the time to journal it so you don't forget....there are many days when I need go back and read about the "good" times.


Smiles, ~kel~

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh My Gosh Kelly!! All of your children are BEAUTIFUL, but that littlest girl of yours is ADORABLE!! I love reading about your days and looking at your pictures. You are really inspiring to all moms, and especially to young moms like me, I want a big family one day and getting a glimpse into your daily life makes me realize that I really can have a great family and do something I love (photography)I know you made a blog a while back about "how you do it" but really How Do You Do It??! Lol, anyway thanks for sharing with all of us!

matsmom said...

There's your shot to enlarge of Marleigh and it's a great one! In the last photo, for the first time, I see Kenna in her, WOW! she's growing up and you're doing the right thing by taking it all in because there's not a cure for growing up - trust me, I've looked!

Sitemeter