Thursday, September 11, 2008

Gosh....another one!

.....beautiful girl that is......I know I say that a lot but man, look at them!
I met with Bryana last night for her senior session - she's friends with my niece Lindsay and that's how she heard about me (Thanks Linds). I told her I was going for a reputation as a fun photographer as I paraded her around town stopping at several spots I've been looking at but just haven't been able to get to yet. It's a great feeling when a client puts their full trust in me! The beach is so beautiful but it offers limited posing and ways to be creative. I love to hop in my kidmobile, stow away one of the seats and offer a changing room for the girls/guys. We have a blast just running from place to place for a quick shot and then on to the next....its so nontraditional from an average portrait session that way!
I had to keep looking over a Bryana's mom to tell her that I couldn't get over how well she photographed! I was completely enjoying myself....lucky me that I get to do something I love so much!! Follow your dreams......I still need to pinch myself occasionally that I'm a photographer....and people actually call ME to capture cherished memories for them! Melissa.....thank you for calling ME to capture your beautiful daughter....sure hope you bring me that little man of yours too sometime! :)
I had to toss a chocolate conversion in......YUMMY YUMMY (anything chocolate typically is)!
And here is the same photo in black and white!Just a note to clients....lately on the blog I have only been converting ONLY in chocolate as a personal preference over black and white. When you are ready to order, please let me know your choice.


Yesterday the kids had a half day of school so I decided to pick up a treat for them. Marleigh and I ventured to the local cafe and shared a chocolate milk and a tasty treat from their bakery! (note to self: Marleigh is much easier with drive-through service) I really wish I had brought my camera because my super cute little blonde girl had her nose pressed to the side of that pastry display making all the other customers laugh! She kept saying "oh mumma, I LIKE that one" Her excitement gets me so anxious for what lies ahead when we go to Disney next month! She just doesn't even care who is watching her.....she says what she wants, she will dance and sing and not even care if there is a crowd around her....I wish for her to always be so carefree but I know that the usual pressures from peers will crush that eventually. As long as she is all mine, I will continue to nurture the freedom to sing loud, twirl about and eat cookies for breakfast on occasions.
Here are the sugar cookies that she finally decided upon. The leaves were not as interesting to her as the butterflies.....we had to get her two...one to eat now and one for later when the kids got home!




Poor Kenna....though she doesn't show it, she was completely tortured by the fact I had to have a photo before she ate one!
I'm off to enjoy this cool fall-like day! I hate that summer is ending but I love how clean the air smells when October comes.
Enjoy!
~kel~



No comments:

Sitemeter