Monday, September 8, 2008

Our beautiful coast....

This weekend we got a bit damp here in Maine - the hurricane dumped several inches of rain on us in just a few short hours and then we returned to beautiful sunny skies. I had a few minutes to spare before my session last night and I drove to the coast at Fortunes Rocks to see how the tide was turning there. It was beautiful and I wasn't the only one enjoying it. The surfers were making good use of the waves! I feel sad for those who don't live close enough to grab a view like this whenever the mood strikes. I hope that those who do live close enough remember to appreciate it often!

This is Shanel....she and I met at a wedding I photographed over the summer. I'm helping her get a portfolio started so we spent some time together Saturday and we had a blast going from one thing to the next with all our ideas. Shanel, I hope you like them! Thank you for the opportunity - I had a great time with you!




I sooooo like my days with Marleigh but I don't think she's crazy about them....she learned from Kenna how to say "There's nuppin' ta do" so I get to hear that more often now. I have to be creative with ideas to keep her busy. Today we are going to give my grandmother a haircut and set and then my big girl goes for her first dental checkup.

Some may think its a bit early for her to see the dentist but I'm crazy about teeth! I had crooked teeth through my teen years and it made me self conscious of my smile. When I got my first job, I made an appointment with my orthodontist and I've never missed a six month checkup or stopped smiling (ha!) since those years when I was financing my own dental work. I've always made my kids first appointments at three years old and followed up at the dentists requests. They are very comfortable in the chair now - in fact, when Branden went in for that emergency root canal for the tooth he broke on the trampoline, he didn't flinch a bit - just knew he could trust the docs.

So off we go on one of our first of many adventures together. Marleigh is curretly wearing her pink princess dress from the costume box and requested that her hair be "like a princess" too. I have to fight with her to get the dress off now - she wants to wear it everywhere....maybe I'll let her today.....wouldn't that be fun! I'll have to blog a photo of it so she never forgets that I was a fun mom (once).

Enjoy the day!

~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter