Thursday, September 4, 2008

She's gone and I'm okay!

With a big smile and so excited to ride the bus like the boys, Makenna was ready! I think that's the benefit to the extra year of keeping her home....they are really ready to go when its their time! I'm happy for her! I didn't even cry....yet!
Her Godmother's, Tracy and Lisa, made a special trip to come see their girl off on her first day. Trace, Lise, thanks so much for making it special for her.....you make every big event in her life special....my heart is happy for the choice I made almost six years ago when she was born!
My girls both have Godmother's and no Godfathers....not because there was no man good enough for the job, it was allowed by the church that Godparents can be either sex and for me it seemed appropriate that my girlfriends and my mother play a role in the spiritual upbringing of the two most important ladies in my life....Jean supported the idea and my best friend since we were five years old and my mom are Marleigh's Godmothers. They are the BEST choices I've made for my girls....no matter how strange it sounds to some!


Cameron giving some last minute advice .... he stepped back and let her climb on the bus first. (see, I raised a gentleman!)
My first girl.....the one I yearned for....I was elated to hear the radiologist say she saw girl parts! Jean didn't want to know so I snuck into an appointment and found out. He knew I knew the sex but we went the entire pregnancy without him finding out. He and my midwife were both convinced she was a boy! I did let my mom in on the secret and the two of us went crazy buying pink and stashing it at her house....remember that mom, it was so cool to have a secret that big!

My Makenna....a beautiful person with a strong will.....she's gonna be okay!! Today I know she will make at least one friend....maybe it will be her Diane - the one she still sees regularly and calls her best friend when she's my age! I want that for her.....having girlfriends is important at any age.


Good luck to all the other moms who are sending their babies off this morning too! You're not alone!
Thanks for checkin' in on me!
~kel~

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

keeeelllllyyyy....you made me cry!
it's a big step...sending your kids off into the big wide world.

-Jennifer Harvey said...

Kelly,
I love reading your blog, IMO it's the best one on the net. I love your stories and It really makes me love you more!

Talk to you soon
Jennifer

Tina Stearns said...

OMG! You made me cry too! I wish I had girlfriends like you do. You are soooo lucky.

Anonymous said...

Being a Mom that sent the last of my three to school this year, I know how your feel. Sad but happy all at the same time. I was pegged to be the crier this year at daycare, but I think I shocked them all! I knew he was ready, and wanted to be like this older brothers and that was important to him. I hope your little girl's day goes great, and she meets that special friend she will carry with her through life. If she is anything like her mother she will have a great deal of them around. I second Tina's comment of you being so lucky. Friends are a treasure. Love reading your stories!

Sitemeter