Thursday, September 18, 2008

What's for dinner tonight?

At my house we're having....Marleigh burgah.....because she's just so EDIBLE!!!
She's my helper too - bringing in the newspaper!

The other day the kids were trying to tempt a baby chipmunk out from hiding in the culvert that runs under the driveway. Sean (Branden's friend - in this photo with Kenna) had already picked it up and it ran around his shoulders before scampering off. Cameron was tickled at the whole idea and was at that culvert until nearly dark.....not even sure it was under there anymore.

With school starting again, so does Cam.....and his wants and needs for a dog. We've already seen several books checked out of the library about caring for a dog and how to train a puppy. He's started pleading and promising and has even tried tears that just don't work on this cold-hearted mother! Our lives are too busy for a pooch. I tell him he can have as many dogs as he wants (and his eyes get really big) when he moves out of my house and into his own! He walks away with his head hung low.....he's pretty sure his life will be dogless as he plans to reside with me for ever more!

KIM PEEK:
So off I go on a busy day - many appointments and Kim Peek (The real Rain Man) is in town to assist with awareness for the Autism Society and I am going to try to get more photos from this visit. I submitted a few photos to the Weekly Sentinel for their write-up on Kim and it should hit stands tomorrow (so exciting...I'm published with full credits!) If you get a second to watch his youtube video, you'll get an idea of how interesting he and his father are!!

They are going to talk to the public Friday night at St. Martha's Church on Route 1 in Kennebunk if anyone is interested in attending (be sure to find me!)
Have a great one!
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter