Friday, September 5, 2008

A Senior, A Horse and A Birthday Wish.

Last night I met with Sonia for her senior session. We fought a humid 80 degree evening and mosquitos that were apparently STARVING to get these photos. Sonia volunteers at this therapeutic riding facility so it was only appropriate that we do her photos around her passion for horses. Her mom and I attended the same school so I was anxious to see if she resembled her mom at all...yup, she does! She's a good kid with a great personality, which makes sessions like this so fun and easy!

She wanted her yearbook photo to be one with the horses. (same horse as below photo)
She asked me about black and white photos....I told her how chocolate is popular now. Isn't she cute converted! :)

I can totally relate to her interest in horses...I had a Morgan horse and a Shetland pony growing up and being around them again last night makes me miss those days.


This is my mom's friend Philomene....she's a total ticket!! Mom showed up here yesterday with her. Sometimes on her days off (Meemie days), my mom has a few older ladies that she tends to...be it housekeeping or running them around for doctor appointments, she's there for them to do whatever she can to help. (She's a good egg) Yesterday they had been at Phili's doctor's appointments and since they were fairly close to my house, my mom wanted to see how Kenna faired her first day of school.

This was my first time meeting Phili and I adored her instantly. As we sat there waiting for Makenna, I chatted with her and she shared with me that today would be her birthday. I asked if I could take her birthday photo and she replied "oh, that would be great"! (I NEVER get a response like that from women, especially older ones!) Wanna guess her age?

Okay, I'll tell you....she' 94!! Doesn't she look AMAZING? Thanks for sharing her with me mom.....she's lovely! Happy Birthday Philomene!

Happy Friday!

~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter