Sunday, September 14, 2008

Oh what a day...and it's only 8:00 AM!


I had to have Branden to the football field for 7:00 AM for team photos and a game to follow. Cameron got an invite to a Boston Red Sox game with one of his pals and they were departing at 7:00 AM too. I really wish I was a baseball-hat-wearing kind of girl but the truth is, I just don't have the face for a hat and I look like a boy when I wear one so I had to get up a bit early to shower ahead of the kids. I got Cam dropped of with pals and they are so excited...left them and brought Branden for team pics and while there a parent offered to bring him home for me. Its a rainy miserable morning here and the girls were already complaining they were cold (which is NOT normal - my girls are usually up for anything) so I took him up on his offer!

We ran to Dunkins for a bagel and water and then returned to the field (I felt guilty) because I was sure the game would get cancelled and Bran had a gap in time before he actually played so I was going to hang with him. We got back to the field and Makenna told me she needed to use the potty....a Port-a-potty....GROSS....she couldn't tell me when we were at DD (not that it's better...but its better)! I stood outside the potty with Marleigh (rain got harder as we stood there waiting) gently and quietly I reminded Kenna not to touch ANYTHING. She took FOREVER, my hair was melting down around my face (where's that ballcap now) and Marleigh just kept asking me to take her home. I asked one last time...."Makenna, are you all set in there"....when I heard a soft cry "No, I think I need your help". I opened the door and there she was...poor thing was exhausted from trying to hold herself above the potty and get that tricky toilet paper off the role. She was emotional and I was grossed out. I stepped inside, hauled Marleigh inside and could see why she was having such troubles....the paper on the role was so thin and broke off with each square.....not nearly enough for a girl to wipe with (sorry if graphic but its life). I felt bad for her, I felt bad for me so I told her to just pull up her pants and we would go directly home for a shower. I reached for the antibacterial hand sanitizer.....EMPTY! (luckily I'm prepared and have my own bottle in my purse)



So, here we are....Kenna showering, Cameron calling me to tell me he's at the train station and would call me when they arrive in Boston and Branden toughing out the rain at his game. I am so happy for Cam to have the opportunity to see the Sox....he's so tickled! I thought it would be hard for him to be gone all day without any of his family with him but he seems excited.


Enjoy the day.

~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter