Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Two down..one to go!

Last night we had tears here. Cameron is struggling with the fact that he will not be seeing his brother at all during the better part of the day. They used to ride the bus together and this year is the first time they are separated. I'm so happy they have a closeness that makes change like this a bit tough....I hope it continues into adulthood! Branden seemed nervous....I know he will be fine. When the bus did come for Cameron, he got on like an old pro...just can't wait to see how he's feeling at the end of today. Making new friends is so hard!


Okay.....so I wrote that paragraph this morning and now is the first time I am able to get back to the pc to write again. I must be diligent about writing first thing in the AM or the day gets away from me and the blog sits....just waiting for me to write something!


It's end of day now....Cameron came home, dropped his backpack and left again...guess he didn't miss me or anyone else much at all! Branden was delighted to be home an hour earlier than usual...he's feeling grown up....guess its time for more chores! :)


I had a few photos from the weekend that I thought I'd add here. The campground had karaoke and Branden always takes the mic with his pal. They usually sing a country song....this time they sang Toby Keith's American Soldier and beamed with joy that they could say the one swear word in the song without getting in trouble for it.
I applaud those boys for having the guts to get up and sing their hearts out. I only wish I had the nerve because singing makes me happy and if only I wasn't so shy...or a terrible singer....it would be next on my bucket list! :)


This is Ben...he's a teen from our campground who needed some senior photos and I offered to do them for him. He seemed to be having a pretty good time. Usually I see him in a t-shirt and cargo shorts so this crisp white shirt and jeans was a pleasant change.
Hey Ben, thanks for watching out for my kiddos and being a good example to them! Also...thanks for letting me take your photos in this mosquito infested woodsy area....I think it was worth it!!!



Enjoy the day!
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter