Friday, September 12, 2008

Some time for me...

I'm taking a few days off from sessions to catch up on proofing so its back to the old hum-drum stories of my life on the blog!! No beautiful people (except my kids) to share and boring stories of my everyday life so that when I make the book I have some memories from home.


Last night I whipped up a batch of whoopie pies (Jilly's awesome recipe, thanks girlfriend) and my kids were tickled to have them for their lunchboxes today. The teachers can thank me later for contributing to the upswing in activity after snacktime because we all know they won't wait to have it after a descent lunch is served....they will eat it at morning snack!


Makenna has had her first encounter with a bully. Not her personally, the bully sits in the next seat over on the bus and tortures another little girl. The little girl was smart and told her parents who got right on it and the naughty girl has been moved to the front seat behind the bus driver. The naughty girl is in kindergarten and has said some pretty sinful things to the kids around her...its really sad but I don't know her circumstances so for now just I feel sad for her. It was a good lesson for Makenna....she got the message and the lesson without having to live it first hand.


Branden has been fighting a case of poison ivy. He went to school Monday with a bottle of Ivy Dry. I didn't even think to write a note but the nurse took the bottle from him and he came home upset (embarrassed too, I'm sure) that he'd forgotten it and was really uncomfortable. I called the nurse to ask what the procedure was and she told me no medications whatsoever unless I bring them in directly to her. I felt so bad because we have never had a case of PI in this house before so I wasn't sure what I could to to give him instant relief. I took a quick glance at the internet and found some recommending banana peels (inside) rubbed on the area would relieve itching. Guess what.....it did!


I realize I haven't posted photos of the boys first day of school. I just had a look at them because they were on a different card and I should have posted them here....Branden's is priceless...not the best photo of him but priceless in my eyes...he has a nervous look and just before this photo, he took a big deep breath and sighed. It was harder for me to watch him go to middle school than it was to watch Makenna leave.

This is not the best one of Cameron that morning either but I had to post it because it makes me laugh. You can tell he's THRILLED to be the center of attention here....just eating up the attention from the girls and Marleigh is proving herself true to being the fourth child and making sure she's in the photo! Makenna had this fixation with the Michael Jackson chunk of hair in her face - she outgrew it already - wonder if it was something I said?

I got lots of projects done yesterday and more to tackle today and this weekend. I will be home and close to the pc so planning to update the goin's on!

Have a great Friday!
~kel~

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hey Kelly, Thanks for the compliments on my blog!! I just saw where you're either in or near Maine!! I just got back from Maine. I have friends that live in Acton (near Sanford) I didn't get Sweet Tea for a week!!! ha ha I loved it but am so glad to be back in the South!!! ha ha

Sitemeter