Sunday, March 9, 2008

Dont forget the time change!!

My kids have been getting up at 5:30 the last few weeks! That's when Marleigh climbs into my bed with me. If I roll away from her, I get her elbow in my back but if I stay facing her, she stays awake talking to me. I dont mind because I know she wont do this for long and today she officially got up at 6:30 - which is sleeping late around here! :) Im always so glad to have longer days and I get bummed out when summer comes and the days start getting shorter. So here we are on an uphill climb for longer days and it stays lighter longer - which puts me in the mood for BBQ's and outdoor photoshoots!!!

Yesterday, I started to tell about my friend who is a photographer too. She knows how tough it is to photograph your own kids so she asked me to take a few in my studio for her. I love her kids, they were great for me and I got some good shots! Here are a few of each child.

Am I so lucky to have such cute kiddos to photograph? I've been really blessed with beautiful people with great personalities coming into my studio for portraits. Im so glad I decided to follow this dream because photography has brought so many great people into my life. Thanks to everyone who has called on me!!!

Today we have a tea party birthday on the calendar! It doesnt start until noon but Makenna is already dressed in her "dress-up" party clothes and is carrying the present around. I keep telling her the party is a long time away but she says that's okay and continues to wait. I mentioned before she's doing her own hair - that means she sprays it with water and combs it all back away from her face and she tries to brush the back but hasnt figured out how to do that right. So she has soaked hair top and sides and the back is a bushy dry mess to as far as she can reach and where the brush stops. Its so cute how hard she tries. This hair combing ritual goes on throughout the day :)

I hope you have a great Sunday!!

~Kel~

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

thank you so much kelly! i absolutely LOVE then and i really appreciate it! love you to pieces!

Sitemeter