Sunday, March 30, 2008

Two days is not enough.

Who decided that two days was long enough to enjoy time off with family? I think we really need longer weekends! Its flying by! I have a few sessions today and I promise, with their permission, I will share with you over the next few days!
Yesterday we ended the day with dinner at my moms. I had to get to my grandmother's house to do her hair so we timed it more towards mid day so we could visit with my mom too. My brother, Cody, is just finishing up his spring break from college so the kids wanted to see him before he went back. On the way home we saw so many deer standing in a field so without hesitation, Jean turned the car around while I dug the camera out of my bag. I took these to share on the blog today. Such beautiful animals!! This second pic of just the two deer is my favorite! The blurred edges are the branches that are close to me because I had to struggle with my zoom lens to focus only on the deer and even then, they were still a bit too far away to get a really great close-up. I really like how the branches frame the photos. Shot these right from the window of my minivan!

Im feeling the love today. Last week I struggled with getting through the days and feeling out of sorts. Maybe the weather, maybe the change in careers, maybe a little bit of cabin fever all mixed in. Today I feel sentimental and I want to be surrounded by my kids and my hubby but we are all scheduled with other stuff so my time with them will be off and on. Its okay though because I love what I'll be doing and I know they are doing what they love too. I guess that's why I dont think weekends are long enough.

Im really looking forward to some time off to work on projects that are long overdue. I bought paint for the girls room and Makenna bugs me about it every day - gosh no Im not letting her help - that's just a disasterous thought. I actually dont know how I'll pull off half of my projects with them here - when I am available to the girls, they are stuck to me like glue. I love it because I know its not forever that they will want to be with me.

While driving yesterday, the words in a country song on the radio got me thinking about the day my boys bring home their first girlfriends....and then when they get married....I just wonder what it will be like. I get emotional thinking about it. I dont want them to leave me. I know that the teen years were created to help mothers with this process of separation but my boys are MY boys and if they are anything like their dad, I will struggle to let them go. Sweet young men they are! Just the other day I was having a craving for some cuddle time and I asked Branden (my "cool" preteen) if he would cuddle with me because Marleigh wasn't in the mood - he didnt hesitate a second!! He grabbed his book and snuggled into me - it felt so good to know I was still that source of comfort for him and he wasnt the least bit uncomfortable with it. We had our parent teacher conference with his teacher a few weeks ago. She told us that Branden tells his friends how awesome his dad is with math. I felt emotional watching Jean when she was saying that. He beamed with pride because sometimes he feels he's really hard on him about it (he even confessed this to the teacher). She said Branden so proud of us and it really shows. Im glad to know my family is still connected, even when they are away from us. I dread the teen years because Im afraid of how much they will change. The selfish side of me wants them to stay little forever....but my logical side cannot WAIT to see who they become. I know they will be good people no matter what they choose.

I know its a mom thing to think like this and I am not alone. I just want life to go on like this forever....and as much as I know that change is good....Im going to continue to dread it when it comes to my children growing up.

If you've read this far, thanks so much for listening/reading. I blog as a sort of therapy because once I get it out of my head, I can move on and enjoy. If anyone else blogs, I'd love to have your link - I love to read them and its a great way to keep up!

Enjoy the day!

:) ~kel~

1 comment:

Bethany said...

hi kelly! i am always reading your blog! I love that you always post pictures keeps it interesting! You inspired me to blog again, I did when I was in hs but stopped! Well I am blogging again, my link is http://bethanyjeansblog.blogspot.com/
check it out!

Sitemeter