Thursday, March 20, 2008

My laughing, loving, beautiful mom!

Its Thursday, so its Meemie day!! My mom was kind enough to sit for me as I tested my lights before a session. I didnt intend to keep these pics so I didnt ask her to smile or pose. We were just talking (and laughing) while I snapped the camera for testing. I got this one, I know her eyes are squinted but she's laughing naturally and I think its an awesome photo of her. She looks like her and I love it. Anyone who knows her thinks she's pretty awesome and those who dont think she's awesome, dont really know her at all. She's been through so much and still remains positive and supportive to her family and friends. She'll do anything for anyone if they ask and lots of times even if they dont ask. People know they can count on her and she never acts like she's put out by a task, even if its something she'd prefer not to do. Humble.....that's a word I'd use to describe my mom. You never feel insecure or uncomfortable in her presence. Yep, Im very lucky to have her as a mom. All of my brothers and my sister have friends who have adopted her as their mom too! Drive by her house on a weekend and if one of us is there, lots of times the rest of us migrate there and if friends see our cars in the yard, they stop in too! Its a place of comfort!

My kids are excited and delighted to have her come along on our Disney trip! Im so glad she agreed to go too! She's a huge help with the kids and we have a great time together.

I took a photo of what's going on at our house with all the Disney buzz here. Makenna put together a little box of trinkets (her favorite little goodies) and she had some cash in there. I asked her what she had in the envelope....that's my Mickey money she said. I told her to save it up and we could trade it for special money to use at Disney and she could do her own shopping. She's sure she'll have some big money by then. Branden saw the envelope last night and came to me in a curious way.."mom, what exactly is Mickey money?" He and Cam are going to save their allowance for the trip - and he reminded me I owe him a good sized wad of cash from the past few weeks.




Have a great Thursday! I have a giveaway for tomorrow...its a donation from a local businesswoman and Im excited to have something fun to share with you!

:)

~Kel~

2 comments:

Jamie VanBeekum said...

Your mom is beautiful, Kelly! She sounds like a wonderful person :D My kids are saving up their Mickey Money too, but we have only a few short weeks until we get to go. I am so looking forward to it, as I bet you are. Have a great day!

Kelly said...

Jamie....OMG....you read my blog? I love it!!!! Thanks so much for your compliments....I just dont tell her enough how awesome I think she is! Please tell me about travelling with four when you return from your Disne trip! I want all the details - and pics to, please!!! (you know i love pics).
Thanks girlfriend for the comment! :)

Sitemeter