Thursday, March 27, 2008

Justifying my complaints.

I know I complain about the snow a lot but my trip to Portland Monday confirmed I have every right to! There is barely any snow even 15 minutes north of me and from what I hear its kind of the same just south of me too. I guess we got dumped on and I didn't really notice it until now. Im sure we aren't alone and I do sympathize with everyone in this state because I know we are all ready for the green grass now! I really wanna be outside shooting and the dirty snow is not appealing - and the temps are just too cold to hold the camera for very long.

I took these photos yesterday morning (from the comfort of my living room) to justify my frustrations. I love the sun flare peaking through the trees.....but that's the only thing I like about this pic! Yesterday was truly a gift, those 50 degree temps felt awesome!

Look, here's Makenna on last years bike (she's got a bigger one but this one the boys use to do tricks on before school ;-) and then they ask her to ride it back in to the yard when the bus comes. Look at that mountain next to her! Errrrrrr! Its gonna be a soupy mess when it actually does melt. We have a sump hole in our basement and every spring we get water but Jean has a system to deal with it so the basement never gets wet (unless the power goes out, then we're up a creek -ha!).

Potty training update: Marleigh has had two completely dry days and her first dry night - BYE BYE diapers for the Roy house. Seems so strange to not have to put them on my shopping list! Im so proud of her and she's so proud of herself! Yesterday we were in the bathroom, washing hands, I turned to get something from the closet, heard a loud crash and bang and looked over at her, she was gone! dissappeared completely from my sight - she had fallen between the sink and the potty and it was just like a sitcom. I waited for her cries (I had my hands full - cant remember what I was doing) so I couldn't just grab for her. She popped straight up and said "Whew, that was a close one Mom!" I started laughing - it was so funny and she just continued to dry her hands.

Well, its Meemie day today! I still have work to do so Im going to work part of it and visit with her the other part of it.

Have a great day - can you believe tomorrow is Friday, already! :)

~Kel

No comments:

Sitemeter