Monday, March 31, 2008

Four boys - two big ones and two little ones.

Two brothers, all cousins. This is a photo for the grandparents. I look forward to getting the entire family together for photos, they seem like such fun!! I hope I did them justice with the photos I got - they paid me wonderful compliments about the photos on my website so I hope I can please them with treasures of their own.



The babies were 3 months and 6 months and ya know I LOVE the babies!
The three month old looked most comfortable cuddled into his brother's arms. I don't think brother minded either. This is what babies do at the six month milestone so that's why I prefer to photograph them with their hands and feet in their mouths. Its the only time you get such innocent pics of them like this. You spend the rest of their lives telling them to get things out of their mouths that dont belong there! :) This guy surprised me! He was so patient and waited until the very end of the session for his photos alone. He is the cousin, dragged along for the photo op. He was so cute!! I got great smiles from him and he was a natural poser. I thank them all for choosing me!

On to a story in my personal life. I went to bed with a heavy heart last night and I know this will sound trivial to most but to me it was something I will never forget. Cameron has been growing his hair long. He asked me last fall if he could grow it through hockey season and I figured, what's the harm so I let it go. Our agreement was that when it started looking messy, it would have to come off. Well, in two weeks he's in a wedding (sorry if I am repeating myself) and I couldnt let him go with the long hair. Plus, baseball season and warmer weather coming, it was time to cut it. As I was cutting it, he was crying. I felt so bad. I tried to leave it a bit longer but it just wasnt right so I cut it short. He went to bed crying that the kids at school would pick on him now and he looked goofy. I didnt sleep well thinking how unfair I was not considering his feelings. I seriously think he hid behind his hair - his shyness seemed to disappear as the hair got longer. He was more self confident and it was a great thing to see! Maybe the confidence comes at this age and he was just changing and the hair really had nothing to do with it? I still didnt sleep much last night thinking of how far he had come and how I hoped he wouldn't regress at the hands of other thoughtless children. I tried to tell him that the kids like him because he's a nice kid and not because he has long hair. I guess hair was the subject of many conversations with his pals. So....I did what any mother would do in this situation...I offered him $5 for each of his three best pals who cut their hair in the coming weeks because they wanted to follow Cam's trend ;-) In my mom brain I could rationalize this: I know the weather is warming up and other moms will want the shorter haircuts for baseball and swimming season....I didnt tell him that though. Hey, if it makes my kid feel better....I needed to place the bet.

Im gonna have to take a nap to make up for all the sleep I lost last night. He was fine with the cut today - and as he put his basecall cap on as he was headed out the door, he said he looks like a real ball player with it short :) My sweet, sensitive Cam.

Have a great day!!


~Kel~

1 comment:

Melissa said...

thank you for the comments on my blog!!! I love your layout

Sitemeter