Wednesday, March 26, 2008

It worked.....I feel better!

The retail therapy worked and I feel better today. Nothing like drowning your sorrows in a new gadget or pretty dresses for the girls. I LOVE the Christmas Tree Shops - whoever came up with that franchise is a God!! I can take my girls there and we all find something fun that we just have to have. Makenna likes to buy the junky jewelry at the checkout, Marleigh always wants a new book and I could look at everything. Its so funny because even though the stuff is really inexpensive - when something is $20 I still debate spending "that much" for something at that store. Its really fun to look for treasures.

This is Ace, my friend Lisa's new puppy! Cuteness! I had a hard time deciding which pics to show here. I asked Branden for help and his reply was "that one" to each pic I showed him....NO HELP! So here are a few I liked.


You can only imagine my house (Cam and Makenna) with these puppy photos around. Every time Im working on them, I hear the plead for a puppy again! I get this from the boy whose teacher sent me an email yesterday asking me if she could help us out by making Cameron a sign to remember to pack his snack for school because he's asking for one every day and the snacks are donated to the school for the children who cannot otherwise afford them. Yep, I wanted to crawl right back under the rock! So Cam gets home from school and I say "Cam, your teacher contacted me, is there something you'd like to tell me." (I recommend this to ALL parents, whether you got the call or not - they come clean with so much STUFF its amazing!!) He looks at me in his innocent half smile and raised eyebrows and says "Snacks?" Later I hear Jean asking him why he's bugging her for snacks - didnt he have the breakfast at school? Cam says "Yeah, the breakfast was good" (and listed all he had eaten) and then tells Jean he was still hungry at snack time.


I added a snack box for him to check off on the responsibilities chart he fills out every morning (this is how they get their allowance - they have to initial the chores as they are completed).


Next week we get to meet with the teacher for conference and Cam comes with us for this one. I guess he gets to direct the meeting so it should be interesting. I just told him to get into the shower - his response "No fair!" Im getting really tired of that comment - even Marleigh says it to me now.

Happy Hump Day!!!

~Kel


No comments:

Sitemeter